Contact and Responsibilities for BA- and MA-Studies

Cases in which we CAN help!


SubjectAdditional information
Completion of studies

IMPORTANT: Please bear in mind, that it can take up to 4 weeks after your final examination to issue your graduations documents.

We don't answer requests concerning the actual processing state.

We process completions in chronological order and work as fast and as efficient as possible to finish open tasks!

UHStat-submissionSubmission resp. confirmation over your paricipation on the Statistik Austria poll concerning studies abroad.

Waiver to file an appeal (Rechtsmittelverzicht)

The waiver accelerates the commencement of your official notification (Verleihungsbescheid).

If you want to perempt, it ist totally sufficient to send us an informal e-mail in which you write, that you do so.

Registration of the topic of Master´s thesis

IMPORTANT! Please send us:

Detailed informations MA
Detailed informations MEd

Submission of the thesis
In case you plan to bloc the usage of the master´s thesis in the University Library , please send us the "Sperrantrag" together with your upload confirmation.
Application for final examination

Application for Masterprüfung

Application for Defensio

Transcript of records
Duplicate/Copy of lost or stolen documents

IMPORTANT! Please send us:

  • Application (Antrag)
  • Report of lost or theft (Verlust- oder Diebstahlsanzeige)
  • Copy of an ID


  • Italic cumlative grade
  • Academic success
Questions concerning supplementary examination (Latin, Greek)
Also the removal out of the "Studienblatt", after successfully passed exams.

In case of a removal based on your A-levels or a recognition of exams passed in foreign countries, please get in contact with

Assistance with studies which already expired

E-Mail Contact

Please make sure that you you always insert your u:net e-mail-address! Due to the GDPR and the local ruels of data protection, we are not allowed to proceed any requests wihout proof of identiy.

Please also check the format of the e-mail-address, which is:

In case you don't have a u:net e-mail-address, please make sure you send us a copy of an ID Card in an acceptable quality.

Thank you for your understanding!

Contact form

Required fields are marked with a red square
Your Data
This field is required
This field is required: Name
This field is required
This field is required: Student identification number (Matrikelnummer)
This field is required
This field is required: E-mail address (u:net)
This field is required
This field is required: Study programme
This field is required
This field is required: Degree Programme Code (Studienkennzahl)
This field is required
This field is required: Subject
This field is required
This field is required: Your message


To send more than one file please hold >ctrl< and choose with left mouse button. However, this works only in updated browser versions.

Cases in which we CANNOT help!


SubjectAdditional informationResponsibility
Course recognition
For already passed exams.StudienServiceStelle
Submission of the List of courses (Prüfungspass)
Where do I find my Degree Programme Code (Studienkennzahl)
You are able to find the Code e.g. on you personalized dashboard on u:space, on your Transcript of records or other documents.u:space
Entering an academic degree
If you want your academic degree(s) that were awarded by a different university/higher education institution to appear on all your documents.Data change
Change of the assignment of an examination
Concerns already passed examinations, which you would like to have in other module of your curriculum.StudienServiceStelle
Information for first-year student
See also "further information" down below.



Technical supportPasswordmanagement, u:account, e-mail issues, u:space, eduroam etc.

get in contact with ZID via


Information about Master programmes
You may find detailed information in our MasterAccessGuide, as well as through the several information quarters e.g. StudienServiceStelle or Studienzulassung.MA programmes
Extension curricula (EC)

Please check which faculty provides your EC and get in contact with the StudienServiceStelle in charge if you have any detailed questions.

General Informations about ECs

Board exams (= 4th attempt at lecture exams; kommissionelle Wiederholungsprüfungen)

Administrations of studies and confirmations of enrolment, transcripts of records etc.
Selfservice in u:spaceu:space
Co-registration at the University of Vienna (Mitbelegung)Co-registered students are persons who want to pass courses and exams at the University of Vienna to get them recognised for their degree programme at a different Austrian university.  Admission
Change of name
E.g. because of marriageAdmission
AdmissionFor questions about first steps (also visit "further information").Admission
Leave of absence (Beurlaubung)-Admission
Closing a degree programme

Further information


Everything round about access and admission

Detailed information about admission procedure

Everything round about tuition fees and financial aspects

General questions about admission / servicedesk

Online-Self-Assessment for BA studiesself-assessment